Child passport renewal applications (PC8) can be lodged by mail provided the applicant is:
- aged up to 15 years old, and
- has held a previous passport
If you can answer yes to the above, complete a PC8 passport application online.
Guide for a child renewal passport application (PC8) by mail
Complete the application form (PC8) online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion.
- Include minimum two passport photos, less than six months old. Refer to photo guidelines for more information.
- The back of one photo must be endorsed by the child’s guarantor, writing ‘This is a true photo of [the child’s full name]’ and signed in black pen.
- DO NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them.
3. Parents' proof of identity documents
- Photocopies of both parents’ identity documents that show their name, photo, signature and current address (i.e. both parents or those with parental responsibility for the child who signed section 17 on the application form).
- Name changes: If the current names of either parent are different to how they appear on the child’s birth certificate, please include certified documents that explain the change of name.
4. Print the application form
- Print the child renewal application on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure the form has been printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
- US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form.
5. Signing the application form
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Children 10 years or older must provide a signature unless there is a medical reason or disability that prevents them from signing.
- A guarantor must sign section 11 of the application form. Remember the guarantor must also endorse the back of a passport photo by writing ‘This is a true photo of [the child’s full name]’ and signing in black pen. Refer to https://www.passports.gov.au for more information on guarantor requirements.
- Parental Consent is required for a child passport. Everyone who’s giving consent must sign section 15 of the form in front of a witness.
- Payment can be made by credit card or direct bank deposit. Details will be provided to you once your application has been submitted and assessed as being complete. Do not make any payments until you have been contacted by the Embassy.
9. Check the child renewal checklist
- Before mailing your application, review the child renewal checklist.
10. Send the completed application by courier to the following address:
Australian Embassy Kuwait
Level 12, Dar Al-Awadi Complex
Ahmad Al-Jaber Street, Sharq
Tel: +965 2232 2422
11. How long will it take?
- Please allow a minimum of six weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will cause delays.