Guide for Adult renewal application (PC7) by mail
You must be 18 years and over and have a passport that:
was issued when you were aged 16 or older
was issued on or after 1 January 2006
had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
1. Complete your renewal application form online
The application must be lodged within six months of completion
2. Print and sign your application form
Print your application on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form
Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Application forms with signatures that go beyond the white box/signature box will not be accepted. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to photo guidelines for more information. Unacceptable photos are the most common reason for rejection of applications/delay in processing time, therefore ensure that photo guidelines provided are followed.
Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them.
Payment can be made by credit card or direct bank deposit. Details will be provided to you once your application has been submitted and assessed as being complete. Do not make any payments until you have been contacted by the Embassy.
5. Check your adult renewal checklist
- Before posting your application, review your adult renewal checklist here
6. Send your completed application by courier to the following address
Australian Embassy Kuwait
Level 12, Dar Al-Awadi Complex
Ahmad Al-Jaber Street, Sharq
Tel: +965 2232 2422
7. How long will it take?
Please allow up to eight weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. Please note incomplete applications will cause delays.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I send my current passport with the renewal application?
2. How will I know if/when my application has been received at post?
Unless you are contacted directly about your passport application, acknowledgement of payment in your bank records is confirmation your application has been received.
3. What if I need to travel urgently, but already mailed in my renewal application?
Please contact us to discuss options.
4. Will the Embassy mail my new passport to me?
Your passport can be mailed to the address provided on your passport renewal application form (PC7) if you provide a prepaid envelope. Alternatively, you can collect your new passport from the Embassy during collection hours ( Sunday to Thursday between 01:00pm and 03:00pm).
5. What if I cannot access the online portal to complete and print my PC7 renewal application
Contact us to request a pre-filled PC7 renewal form to be emailed to you.