#GDayRamadan Instagram Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION.
A. Competition Name
- The #GdayRamadan Instagram Competition (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian Embassy in Kuwait (the Embassy).
B. Competition Period
- The Competition will run from 12:00 (AST), 28 May 2018 to 12:00 (AST), 13 June 2018 (Competition Period).
- Entry into the Competition is free and is open to:
- Kuwaiti nationals and people resident in Kuwait
- Aged 18 years old and up
- Employees of the Embassy, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or sibling (and their spouses).
- The Embassy reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant warrants that he or she is eligible.
D. Entering the Competition
- To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- Answer one of the four competition questions correctly
- Answer the question correctly in either English or Arabic
- Follow the Embassy Instagram page
- Each Entrant is only permitted to enter the Competition once per question.
E. Content Criteria
- For an entry to be considered valid and eligible for judging it must meet the following content criteria:
- Answer the GdayRamadan question correctly underneath the relevant post
- Follow the Embassy Instagram page
F. Judging Criteria
- Entries will be judged by Embassy staff on the following criteria:
- Correctly answered question, including bonus question if relevant.
- Follow the Embassy Instagram page.
- Where more than one answer is correct, the winner will be determined randomly by lucky draw, at 12:00 at the end of each week until the end of the competition.
- Entries which the Embassy determines have involved fraudulent practices, such as false email addresses or fake Instagram accounts to allow multiple entries by the same person, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
G. Competition Prize(s)
- The prize is an Australian food and kitchenware basket (the Prize).
- The Prize is given "as is" without any warranty, and is not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The Embassy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value if the original prize is not available.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the Embassy will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prize, including any cost of travelling to redeem the Prize.
H. Notification and collection of Prize
- The Embassy will announce the winner of the Competition by tagging them on a post on the Embassy’s Instagram account after the end of the Competition Period.
- The Embassy will also notify the winner by private message on Instagram within two business days of announcing the result. At this time, the Embassy will seek the winner’s details (name and age) (Personal Details) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prize. The winner must provide the Personal Details and contact details within 48 hours of the request by the Embassy.
- The Prize must be physically collected from the Embassy by 27 June 2018.
- If the winner fails to provide the Embassy with his or her Personal Details and contact details within the required timeframe, or fails to collect the Prize in accordance with paragraph 16, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Embassy reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
I. Intellectual property
- The Entrant warrants that his or her entry has not been copied, recreated, reproduced or derived from any other work and that the entry does not infringe on any other legal, intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. The Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Embassy from any and all claims by any third party arising out of the use of the Entrant’s entry, including but not limited to claims of infringement or violation of the intellectual property or privacy rights of the third party.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, copy, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the Entrant’s entry, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any purpose.
- The Entrant grants the Embassy the right to use his or her Personal details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition and publishing the name of the winner on the Embassy’s Instagram page or website.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Embassy and Instagram from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- The Embassy is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The Embassy accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via social media services.
L. Amendments and cancellation
- The Embassy reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the Embassy’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and conditions. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, he or she may withdraw from the Competition by direct messaging.
- The Embassy reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, the Embassy may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the Embassy to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not give rise to any liability to pay compensation of any nature to any Entrants.
- The Embassy’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
M. Governing law
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Kuwait.